Apr 10, 2012

Spaghetti Tuesday

Every Tuesday in the high school cafeteria they used to serve spaghetti.  It was watery and the sauce was essentially ketchup, but because I liked it so much the name stuck. Now every time I make spaghetti, it's Spaghetti Tuesday, regardless of what day of the week it actually is. 

It's really not much of a recipe, but it is one of my all-time favorite foods.  Here are a few things that I do to make Spaghetti Tuesday a bit more interesting.


Season the beef twice. I like to add Italian seasoning to the beef while it's cooking and then add a bit more after I've drained it off.  It's all salt really, and frankly I'm the kind of guy who could eat the ground beef by itself and not feel much shame.

More garlic or basil. After adding whatever new sauce I wanted to try out at the market (usually something from Classico) I like to add garlic and/or basil if I have it.  I've often used garlic powder and dried basil as substitutes to the fresh stuff and it still gives the sauce a bit more kick.  

Mozzarella.  What isn't improved with cheese?  I like to shred mozzarella and put it directly on my spaghetti before I add the sauce over it.  It ends up melting with the sauce and it's like incorporating your cheesy bread into the dish - who needs the extra bread with pasta anyway?

Cafeteria connoisseur?  I think so.  


No comments :